Welcome to THRIVE Gary!
The philosophy for THRIVE! Gary is a simple one: when you can help younger Gary residents develop lifetime goals and non-violent conflict resolution techniques through the restorative justice model, you significantly reduce the need for violence intervention later in their lives.
NOTICE: COG SYEP/YLI PROGRAM FOR SUMMER APPLICANTS HAVING TROUBLE UPLOADING DOCUMENTS
- APPOINTMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT CITY HALL BEGINNING TOMORROW, 4/19 TO ASSIST WITH THE PROCESS
- APPLICANTS MUST BRING “ALL DOCUMENTS” FOR UPLOADING
- CALL (219) 881.1300 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE: MON-FRIDAY 10AM-NOON & 2PM-4PM
Apply for Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) - April 11, 2022
THRIVE Youth Ambassadors Present Friday Night Kickbacks starting Nov. 5 - October 29, 2021
The THRIVE! Gary program focuses on building a network of agencies, educators, employers in an innovative network focusing on helping young people improve their lives. The program’s highlights include:
- THRIVE! Gary Youth Ambassadors
- Youth Violence Prevention Network
- Peace Circles
- Social media sites with clients providing content and direction.
The Youth Violence Prevention Office welcomes volunteers from throughout the community. This is an all-hands-on-deck for our young people, and we welcome all of Gary- of all ages- to join us in making Gary a better place!